Last week, I asked for your assistance in deciding what aspect of character and costume we should focus on for this month’s challenge. You heard my plea. You voted.
And . . . we had a tie.
Between Villains and Meet So-and-So.
So, at the risk of offending half of you, I’m forced to make an executive decision for this month’s challenge. Not exactly an enviable position, let me tell you. And I was stumped for a little while. Until I realized something . . .
Not every story has your good old fashioned mustache-twirling villain. But every story should have some form of an antagonist.
And both antagonist and April start with A.
So, this month we will have the April Antagonists challenge. And next month, we will have the Meet So-and-So in the Merry Month of May challenge.
Alliteration wins the day.
So this month, we will be focusing on Antagonists. This challenge will be due Friday, April 19th. If you’re interested in participating, leave a comment with your blog address, and I’ll add you to the participants list!
The guidelines are as follows:
1. Choose your antagonist. This could be anyone from the evil overlord, to the bully at school, to the rude girl next door. Or, if you’re not a writer, or not currently writing a story, feel free to choose a villain from one of your favorite books.
2. Find a costume that fits your antagonist and take a picture of yourself in costume and in character – i.e. if your antagonist is the evil overlord, probably best not to take a picture with your fluffy pink slippers in the background. Unless your evil overlord is the sort who wears fluffy pink slippers–and I have met a few of those.
3. Post the picture on your blog or somewhere online where the other Challenge participants can see it. For an example of a previous Challenge post, click here: Characters in Costume.
4. Feel free to write a little bit about your character too, or if it’s a character from someone else’s book, tell us why you chose that character!
5. Share the challenge with all your writing/reading friends. The more people who participate, the more fun it is!
Check out the Characters in Costume Challenge page for more information about the monthly challenge.