I’ve long been fascinated by the idea of having a hobbit birthday. I thought it would be so much fun! So dear blog followers, since I have recently had a birthday, I would like to have a hobbit birthday here on my blog and give you a present!
Several presents actually.
The first is for all of you. As a simple thank you for reading my blog, commenting on my random posts, and enduring my various musings on Tolkien, Lewis, fantasy, villains, and costumes, I’m posting a short story that you can read here: The Fiddler’s Tune.
The second gift is a giveaway! I’ve selected a few favorite books, and on this Hobbit birthday of mine, I would like to offer you a chance to read one of them!
Unfortunately, since I have not yet discovered a troll treasure trove or defeated a dragon and earned my fourteenth share of the treasure, not everyone will win a prize. But there will be three winners, and you all have an chance at being one of the lucky trio!
The prize? Each winner may choose one of the following books:
- On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (or another book from the Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson: North! Or Be Eaten, The Monster in the Hollows)
- The Fiddler’s Gun or The Fiddler’s Green by A.S. Peterson
- One of Jill Williamson’s books: By Darkness Hid, To Darkness Fled, From Darkness Won, Replication, Captives, The New Recruit
- Failstate or Failstate: Legends by John W. Otte
- One of the Tales of Goldstone Woods books by Anne Elisabeth Stengl (Heartless, Veiled Rose, Moonblood, Starflower)
- Merlin’s Blade, by Robert Treskillard
Winners will be announced on the blog on Wednesday, April 24th! So be sure to check back then.